Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2: I Am Not An Accident

This actually isn't something that I've really struggled with or really cared about, but this chapter brought up a lot of really good areas that I struggle with; self-worth. It was really comforting reading "He deliberately chose your race, the color of your skin, your hair, and every other feature. He custom-made your body just the way he wanted it. He also determined the natural talents you would possess and the uniqueness of your personality. Also I really liked the part where it was talking about how God is love, not God has love. I never really took a second to look at myself and see that everything that I'm looking at is God made. I need to start being more thankful for what I am and who I am and where I came from.

Day Two- Thinking About My Purpose

Point to Ponder: I am not an accident.
Verse to Remember: "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." - Isaiah 44:2 (CEV)
Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

My Answer: I think the things I struggle accepting are:
1) How I look- I always hear other guy are "hot" or whatever and I'm always the "cute" one or something like that. I never used to care but I think over the years it really started to get to me.
2) How I talk- I'm sick of people thinking that I'm gay or whatever. I always ask people why they think that and they always say it's how I talk.
3) My height- I used to never care about my height and I'm not that short, but I'd like to be a couple inches taller. I'm 5'8'' but I would like to be at least 5'10.
4) My family- I'd be lying if I said I was proud of my family. It actually hurts a lot when I see other people's family time or whatever. I wish I had that. I wish I had a family that cared about me more than their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment